On the 4th of August, Ford revealed Mustang Mach-E and sales numbers for July 2021, including the following highlights and tidbits of interest, notably in the electric vehicle market:
- Ford’s electrified car lineup sets a new sales record in July while boosting the company’s electrified presence in California. Ford sold 9,103 electrified vehicles, up 57.5 percent, with the Mustang Mach-E and F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid leading the way with 2,854 and 4,498 vehicles sold, respectively.
- The number of F-150 Lightning reservations has surpassed 120,000. Nearly 80% of Lightning truck customers are switching from other manufacturers, with the majority of orders coming from California and introducing new consumers to the full-size truck category.
- Sales of the Mustang Mach-E increased 15.8% in July compared to June, putting it in second place in the rapidly increasing battery electric sport utility market.
- Mustang Mach-Es are gone as soon as they hit dealer showrooms, with only 12 days to turn. The proprietary Blue Oval Intelligence software stack service is used by 95 percent of Mustang Mach-E customers.
- Ford’s recent acquisition of Electriphi is expected to hasten the adoption of electric vehicles in commercial fleets by providing depot charging management for vehicles like the E-Transit and F-150 Lightning Pro.
- Ford is leading the way in revolutionary automotive technology, with 2.4 million monthly active users on FordPass and Lincoln Way in the United States – up from 1.3 million a year ago.
- Approximately 80,000 reservations have been made for the next Ford Maverick, with California accounting for the majority of them. The F-Series has sold 414,346 trucks so far this year, with record turn rates. This month, Ford increased its lead over its nearest competitor to 59,508 trucks.
- Overall, retail orders continue to rise, putting Ford in a strong position for future development. In comparison to a year earlier, Ford’s retail order bank surged by nearly 70,000 units, excluding Bronco and Maverick retail orders, which is 10 times the usual retail order rate.
- Ford’s accessories business is rapidly expanding, with more development on the way. Ford’s accessory sales were up 23% in the first half of the year, putting the company on course for a record year.
Whether new or pre-loved, Beekman has a canopy to suit your needs. Visit one of our many fitment centres and become a part of our Rhinoman Family.